Close to the Edge (down by the river)

Yours is no disgrace.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

It won't affect your no-claims bonus at all so pay your £50 and it's sorted. :) When mine got cracked I didn't realise how badly marked the screen actually was until I got a new one fitted. Amazing what difference it made.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I was on my way home tonight (with the window down!) when I noticed a nasty crack running up my windscreen from the middle of the bottom of the screen, diagonally upwards towards the passengers side. Its going on a foot long. Its not actually a visual problem yet and is quite tricky to see.

I remember hearing a stone hit the vehicle a couple of days ago, but did not see any damage, so perhaps the crack is growing.

The vehicle is a '94 Golf, any guess what the screen will cost to replace, and is repair a sensible option. I checked my insurance policy, and apparently I have to pay the first 50 pounds of a replacement, which I'm happy to do if its not going effect my no claims bonus.

Thinking about it, I've been playing prog rock legends (or "nonsense music" as my friend calls it), Yes over the last few days on the CD. I bet its that Jon bloody Anderson and his high pitched voice. :)

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring

It won't, don't worry about that. You'll pay the £50 and get a new windscreen.. :)

Ooooh Amiga...

Reply to
DervMan

Sarcasm? That was genuine. I still have my A1200 with a 200 Mb hard drive still kicking about. The Amiga is a great piece of kit, even with a relatively sluggish processor and only a total of 10 Mb of memory...

Reply to
DervMan

On 19-Jul-06 20:46:15, DervMan said

Okay, cheers for that gents.

Less of your sarcasm, they are marvelous machines I tell you! :)

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring

On 20-Jul-06 19:43:30, DervMan said

Must be my defensive streak. :)

Yup, this 1200 here is still giving me good service. I'm toying with the idea of adding USB to it as there's an offer on at one of the few remaining hardware companies. Still expensive though, but that's minority platforms for you. Then there are some PPC/Coldfire solutions supposedly in the pipeline that will be OS4.0 compatible. Trouble is will they still run Carrier Command, Paradroid '90 and Lotus II?

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring

Aha!

Would you happen to have the ability to convert OctaMed songs which are currently on Amiga floppies to a pc audio format of some description?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Not *really*....

I haven't got my Amigas any more so all I have now is a bunch of Amiga discs with OctaMed songs and some sound samples of my daughter when she was two on them. My pc can't read Amiga discs apparently. I'd really like to find someone who can just play the songs on their Amiga and send the audio output to a pc. I've no interest in fettling the songs any more - I'd just like to hear them again. That's assuming the discs aren't dead by now, of course.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

I've never used Octamed, I used to use ProTracker for my musical tinkerings. As I understand it Octamed was converted to the pc and there was an early pd version. Assuming that can use Amiga data files, why not get that?

The 1200 can use low density 720k floppies, if you mount PC1, so you could copy the files on to pc disks and then put them on your pc hard drive/CD.

Does that help?

All the best, Angus Manwaring. (for e-mail remove ANTISPEM)

I need your memories for the Amiga Games Database: A collection of Amiga Game reviews by Amiga players

Angus Manwaring

There`s a plugin for winamp that plays many of the old tracker formats - look for "oldskool" (IIRC)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Where abouts are you based ? (i`m in Liverpool)

I`ve got a mig in the loft, which was rigged up via a siamese and never had the screenmode.prefs reset to normal...

Ahh the memories... Kefrens Desert Dreams, and a couple of the best tracker mods I ever heard - a version of Dark Side Of The Moon (i`d never heard the original, and this rocked), and the Das Boot theme :-)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Hmm ok a couple of starters for ten :-}

?id=2266

Reply to
Colin Wilson

...replying to my own posts again - to recover data from Amiga disks on a PC google for adfread.exe - it required 2 floppies on the same cable, but should enable the PC to be able to read a miggy disk apparently...

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I'm a fair way from Liverpool - Ramsgate.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Just out of interest, why on Earth are you having this conversation in uk.rec.cars.maintenance??

Reply to
Peter Spikings

Not sure who started the miggy theme ?!? :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson