Cobwebs in a Toyota engine

A long time it was suggested to me that since my motoring was just doodling around town, that i should occasionally blow the cobwebs (as he
put it) out of the engine; by having a brisk 20 minute run up the motorway now and again. Would this advice still apply to a modern vv Toyota Corolla engine?
On Mon, 25 Mar 2019 15:47:58 +0000

Even if it doesn't, what better excuse could you have? Although I think the theory is that it should get the temperature of the engine higher, so allowing more water to evaporate, etc etc.
--
Davey.

On 25/03/2019 15:47, john west wrote:

Yes but more like an hour is needed to properly boil the water out of the oil.
Toyota had sludge issues in East Coast states of the USA. Cars there don't go anywhere fast at peak times and it's cold in winter.
--- ---