Common cause of squealing on a Zetec engine?

Hi.
Talking about faults on my wifes Mondeo [1], which is an easy conversation, anyone know of a common cause for this?
When cold the engine runs quietly, but as it heats up an irritating
regular squeal eminates from the belt area.
It had the cam belt changed last year. I HOPE they changed the tensioner... it should be a part of the kit, no? But they're out of business now so no comeback.
I've listned to lots of accessable parts with the stick-held-to-the-ear trick. I can hear lots of 'normal' rushing things-going-round sounds but the squeal elude me. Lubricating the drive belt (with washing up liquid, not oil!) makes no difference.
I have a used power steering pump on the way from ebay on the off chance it may be that... but I don't think so in my heart.
So, common faults? Please? Thanks.
[1] Ford Mondeo mk2, 2.0 Ghia, manual. Manufacturer Identifier: WF0 Body type: 5 Door Hatchback Line: Ford Germany (Own Assembly) Assembly Plant: Genk (Belgium) Model: Mondeo/Cougar/Sierra/Cortina/Taunus Year: 1996 (some codes are used for more than one year) Month: November Production Sequence: xxxxx
-- Posted via NewsDemon.com - Premium Uncensored Newsgroup Service ------->>>>>>http://www.NewsDemon.com <<<<<<------ Unlimited Access, Anonymous Accounts, Uncensored Broadband Access

Almost guarentee'd to be the cambelt tensioner, or idler roller. They are known to break up, though not until a fair mileage.
Tim.

Usually the drive belt to the alternator slipping as it delivers high current to recharge the battery after a cold start.
--
*Proofread carefully to see if you any words out or mispeld something *

Dave, that would give the opposite to what the OP is reporting!
Amusing, considering the sig you used...
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

The question is a bit ambiguous. If it said 'when heated up' I'd not have given that reply. But 'as it heats up' could be taken to mean anything.
--
*Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:07:36 +0100, Mike Barnard
Thanks for the replies.
I'll bet the people who changed the cambelt didn't change the tensioner.