Mondeo 2001 clutch replacement

Any ideas please about cost of replacing clutch.85000 miles on clock. I heard that the cost is High, mbut would like some info . thanks

Reply to
peter.henriksen

Local to me Partco sell clutches for a Mk2 2.0 l mondy for about £150 including slave/bearing. Then you have to strip and fit it yourself. Quite a job without a workshop or at LEAST a garage with a pit..

Mr. Clutch will charge £350 to supply and fit with a 2 year warranty.

I know because my wifes '97 Mk2 2.0l ghia is about to visit Mr. Clutch! 78,000 miles. (It still works and doesn't slip but gearchanges have gotten much worse lately and it drags.)

Hope this helps.

Mike Barnard

try your local ford rapid fit, to be honest its not a job you want to be doing on your back !!!!

Reply to
reg

Dunno about parts, but a clutch replacement is meant to take just over 4 hours, assuming it's a 2l petrol...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)