subframe tower bolt sizes?

anyone out there know the size of these. going to fit adjusta rides and spax soon, and i have nothing larger than an inch. just need the size so i can buy one socket. it is a LATE 2000 cooper sportspack.

cheers RS

Reply to
RS

its inch and 5/16th if anyone was interested.

thanks anyway RS

Reply to
RS

Yes and get this months Mini Magazine as their covering fitting hi-lo's in the technical features pages.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy

about time, could have done with that article few months ago when fitting coil suspension!!! lol

Reply to
Barspeed Beta Version 2.0

Thank you, Taffy, for reminding me - will pop out tomorrow and buy it. think that will be a useful reference next to the haynes.

RS

Reply to
RS

Yes that feature should help you and I've had the Mini Sport Adjusta-Ride system and Gas Spax adjustable dampers fitted to my 1990 Mainstream Mini Cooper for exactly a decade now, so I can thoroughly recommend them as top quality stuff too!

Oh and leave the plastic tops/covers on the Adjusta-Ride trumpets as their there to keep dirt and water out of the threaded area, but you will need a cone compressor so you can safely remove the old standard trumpets. I believe all Mini's from 1976 onwards use the coarser thread (thicker/wider thread on the cone compressor as it's safer) as it matches the thread used in the actual rubber cones and it's worth coating the actual threads on the cone compressor with grease, so it engages more smoothly and there's less chance of cross threading.

Sometimes it's easier to do the rears first as you obviously don't need the cone compressor there, but you can then clearly tell which threads you need to use on the compressor anyway.

Oh and good luck with removing the old nylon cups, we had to use a blow torch to melt & distort them to get them off.

Taffy

Reply to
Taffy