Corsa Cambel

My Daughter has been told by a garage that her cambelt needs replacing (1991 Vauxhall Corsa L 60,000 Miles on the clock). She went to another garage and they said it does not need replacing because it is a timing chain. Who am I to believe.

Reply to
Dgethin

Depends what engine is in it.

--

Reply to
Neil

Believe yourself. Open the bonnet and have a look ?

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)

Reply to
Dgethin

my 99 1.2 is chain. Ring vauxhall and ask them if in doubt

Reply to
barry

Then yes it has a belt and yes it would be advisable to change it, possibly the water pump too.

Luckily belt breakage on this engine doesnt usually cause (much) damage.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

The X12XE engine (65PS instead of the shit(tier) 45) uses a chain. Fitted to cars post 97 AFAIK.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

...however, after reading it again, I see he mentions it's a pre 97 car - so it's a belt :-)

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

Hehehe, indeed!

The 1.2 8v was only available in 65 trim, its the 1.0 litres that are 45 and

55bhp (6 and 12v versions)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..