Corsa D ticking.

Is this normal? It's very very recently had a new timing chain. 103,000 miles, plus recent oil change.

This recording by mobile dvice held close to LK end of "cam cover":

Chris Bacon

Sorry: 2014 (64) reg.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

2011 ? 2014 Corsa Facelift I think
Reply to
Chris Bacon

Thinner oil? Any change when hot/cold? Doesn't really sound like chain rattle, sounds more like gentle tappet noise.

BICBW

Reply to
Fredxx

I'm deaf but a quick google suggests if it's not the timing chain.

If it's got VVTi it could be the timing adjuster.

Cam bearing caps can work loose.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Saw three of these over the last few days. THey all sounded similar. I think I'll get a chap up at the garage to listen to it just in case.

Reply to
Chris Bacon