Corsa gxi front spring

How much ballpark for changing front spring (broken, mot failure). Change both compulsory (rather than pretty good idea)?

Cheers

Reply to
Paul

Change whats broken. No need to bother with pairs unless the other is tired.

£15 for a spring and 30 minutes labour if you whip the strut off yourself.
Reply to
Conor

By the time one's broken the other's always tired though, they don't eve= n =

sit level if you change 1 front spring

Reply to
Duncan Wood

two would be better than one for lots of reasons. an average garage would charge about 60 - 90 quid labour plus the springs at about 30 quid each (at a guess)

It is only a simple job to diy if you have the tools and knowledge, potentially it is lethal if you get it wrong.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Indeed. My preferred way is to remove the strut myself then pop along to a local friendly garage and get them to change over the springs. Usually they'll charge me a tenner a leg or so.

Reply to
Conor