Corsa Heating Fault

Hi,

The heater on my 1993 Corsa 1.5TD appears to be faulty. It was fine until a couple of days ago when, once the engine had heated up, it would blow out hot air for a short while but would then start blowing warm then cool air even with the heater switch turned to maximum. Any ideas as to what it could be? I had a similar problem on a Mk2 Golf GTI, but that was down to a faulty coolant valve and was a very well known problem.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

TIA, Colin.

Reply to
Colin Anderson

The message from Colin Anderson contains these words:

Have you checked the coolant level?

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King wrote in news:313030303432373943FCE5DA36 @zetnet.co.uk:

Hi,

No I haven't, as the temperature gauge is working fine and showing a normal coolant temperature. Unless of course, that's an oil temp gauge and I'm being a spanner :-D I'll check the coolant level tho, best to eliminate the obvious.

Thanks, Colin.

Reply to
Colin Anderson

The message from Colin Anderson contains these words:

It'll continue to show OK for quite some time after the water level has fallen too low to supply the heater matrix.

Reply to
Guy King

Oh dear. Another moron. Any oil in it either? Tyres bald?

Reply to
Conor

Who rattled your cage?

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Anderson

That's Conor in a good mood.... No effing!! :-)

Reply to
Tom Burton

I see :-) I'd expect it over on ukrm, but I don't lurk around here often so haven't had a feel for the place.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Anderson

It's like UKRM, but without the helpful attitude or comedy value in 'ere.

Reply to
Pete M

Well there you go. Checked it last night and sure enough, the expansion tank is empty save for a small puddle in the bottom. Just goes to show what happens when you make stupid assumptions.

Guess I'll have to figure out where it's leaking from now tho.

Thanks for you help.

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Anderson

The message from Colin Anderson contains these words:

Is it now blowing hot?

Reply to
Guy King

Sorry, yes it is thanks.

Colin.

Reply to
Colin Anderson

Faulty pressure cap?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

Hm, and if you went to buy something, say a computer, and you didn't know anything about it, and you got called a moron....?

Cheers Paul, West Yorks

Reply to
Paul

The message from "Paul" contains these words:

Unlikely - Conor is the fount of all knowledge about all subjects, never yet known to be caught out.

Reply to
Guy King

Twin exhausts, 1000 mega watt speaker in the boot working ok. suspension low enough?

Reply to
a.n.other

all the time

Reply to
a.n.other

"a.n.other" wrote in news:dtql7l$dpp$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

Erm, no. Just your bog standard Corsa. It's 1.5TD for pete's sake, hardly boy racer material[1] :-)

Colin.

[1] And neither am I.
Reply to
Colin Anderson