Corsa Steering

Daughter has a P reg Vauxhall Corsa with manual steering. The steering is unbelievably stiff at low (crawling) speed, I tried slightly over-inflating the front tyres but still the same. At a faster speed the steering is fine therfore I don't think there is a problem with the steering rack etc.. One of the front tyres look ready for renewal, the other has a fair amount or tread left, they are both different makes but look "Budget Brand" as I have never heard of the names. Would new tyres make a difference? any suggestions on a brand that could help?

A local tyre company has suggested a brand called "Stunner" they claim these are made by Pirelli at 30 quid each fitted, is this good?

Oh, tyres are 165 70 R13

Thanks in advance

Reply to
jhfhgfhnf

It's about right for a crap economy brand - personally I wouldn't trust tyres with a name like that!

FWIW, e-tyres quote £33.90 for an economy tyre, and will fit them on your drive.

Having done this recently, I don't think I'll ever go to a tyre fitter again.

Reply to
SteveH

Yea, but this is more? and still economy? Can anyone confirm if "Stunner" tyres are Pirelli

Would good branded tyres help with the steering problem?

Thanks again.

Reply to
jhfhgfhnf

Yes, but they'll fit them when and where it's convenient for you.

Probably made in a Pirelli owned factory in China.

No.

Reply to
SteveH

I have known new tyres to make the steering lighter. Michelins are 32.88 each, fitted, balanced and valved inc vat each at Costco, so don't mess about with cheapos. They also have 20 percent off if you get 4

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for the info, I done a search but it shows up as a UK Cash and Carry outfit, do they actually fit tyres at my local Leeds branch?

Regards

Reply to
hgfdhnfd

From my days of having non PAS front wheel drive cars, replacing worn tyres with new made a vast difference to the steering weight at low speed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

AFAIK all Costco branches stock Michelin and fir them. There is a yearly membership fee, but you usually save that on your first visit and the service, especially the returns system is excellent.

I can't recommend them highly enough

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful