Corsa Steering Stiff

The daughter has just got her first car, a "P" reg 1.2 Corsa Vegas. I'm supprised how stiff the steering is on a small car like this! Are there any known problems with the steering on these? is it possible to modify to power steering or is this a pipe dream?

Thanks in advance

Reply to
nospam

Corsa B's don't come with power steering AFAIK.

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-man

Are you sure? my Father has a Corsa the same age and he claims it has power steering.

Regards

Reply to
nospam

Well I've seen them advertised with PAS at L reg, I'd take it to a garage/dealer and get it checked Mike

Reply to
vw mike

Some had power assisted steering, some not. Non-assisted Corsas have approximately seventeen turns lock to lock (okay okay maybe four, but it feels like seventeen).

Have you had a look for a PAS header tank under the bonnet? If there is a tank, is there fluid in there?

It's possible to add PAS but it won't be cheap, and almost certainly not worth it.

Otherwise, check the front tyre pressures - if they're a little low it'll make the steering heavier.

If they're up to specification, it doesn't have PAS, you will have to do more checks into it...

Reply to
DervMan

optional?

Reply to