cost of 40Ah battery

Just called around for price of new battery for wife's Hyundai Amica (1 ltr) and seems the price is about £60 with VAT on top of that. I thought was a bit expensive but 3 separate places gave a similar figure. I don't want a junk battery, but is that price a resonable one for such a small battery? Thanks

Reply to
dave

dave gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

As with scrap prices, battery prices have rocketed due to basic supply- and-demand of the raw materials.

Reply to
Adrian

I`m in the same boat as you ! Except the Halfrauds one for my 306D is near enought =A3100 I am going to rig up a long wire to my car from indoors to keep it trickle charged .

Hopefully it will last till I scrap the car!

Simon

Reply to
mr p

I used to take an old battery to the council reclaim place; maybe now it's worth taking to the scrappy? Do they actually give you any money for a scrap battery? 50p to a £1 maybe :-)

Reply to
dave

Batteries have a huge mark-up, so negotiate hard. I've just managed 48% discount off retail for a type 012 at Unipart (Partco), which brought it down to £54 inc VAT. An 012 is bigger than yours.

Reply to
Kevin Poole

At least £3, maybe even a fiver. Alan.

Reply to