Cost of Windscreens?

Hi all

Was just wondering where would you maybe find a price list for windowscreens for a Rover 620? Tried searching online and haven't come up with much...

Donna

Reply to
Donna

Awww Donnaaa, what have you done now! Look in the yellow pages under "Windscreen Services" loads of freephone numbers to try - get the best quote.

Reply to
Rigsby

Its not me Rigsby :o) Boyfriend decided to get ice of windscreen put the heated blowers on the windscreen and he now has a crack from the drivers corner working its way from under the rubber up the screen. :os

Was just wondering on round about prices for him as MOT is due and the car is needing a "bit" spent on it already. He's not having a good month, what with his racing trailer being nicked, his money is getting lacking for racing next month :o(

Donna

Reply to
Donna

2 simple steps:

Hit with hammer to make crack worse Phone insurance company - they'll send Autoglass or someone out ASAP to replace.

Cost: £50 excess on most policies.

Reply to
SteveH

Steve, when I phone about a simple chip in the screen, I was put through=20 to Autoglass, they said chip sir, certainly, =A340 excess for new screen,= =20 be with you tomorrow. Had to explain it was only a chip, not a crack, so=20 they fixed that. Will see about getting it done properly when or if any=20 more happen.

So put the hammer away, step away from the screen.

--=20 The poster formerly known as Skodapilot.

MeatballTurbo

Heh..... chips _can_ be repaired, but I'd not be entirely happy with repaired chips - especially as I have a couple in the swept area of the screen (not big enough for an MOT fail, though).

For a crack, as the OP has, you need to ensure it's well progressed into the swept area of the screen to ensure you get a replacement.

Reply to
SteveH

No need for all that breakage- AutoGlass will replace the screen if you tell them there's a problem. They're in the business of selling, not a discussion group. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

How do they square it with the insurance company, then?

I have a couple of nasty chips in my screen, but they're not MOT fails, so will they swap it for me?

Reply to
SteveH

If they're not repairable, no.

You could always have "an accident" with a "stone chip" on "the motorway", if you know what I mean!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

*ding*