Creaking Astra

I have a 1999 Astra and a few months ago it starting making a loud creaking noise when I drove over road humps (almost like it was groaning). The shock absorbers were changed as they were knackered but the springs were ok so they weren't. The creaking noise stopped for a few days but then came back as bad as ever.

Anyone had this problem or know what may be causing it?

Thanks Sharon

Reply to
Sharon

It's unusual in the winter but sometimes the rubbers get dry and creak, and stop groaning when they get wet again.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

Dry suspension bush.

Reply to
Conor

I've noticed exactly the same on my X registered 1.6. It only seems to happen when the temp gauge is at about +2degC and below, otherwise it's quiet. At first I thought some water must have frozen somewhere! (and that the gauge was in error)

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

I'll get the bush replaced (assuming that it can be) and hopefully that will solve it. I'll also keep an eye on the temperature and weather conditions, although it's been doing it for months so I am thinking that probably isn't affecting it.

Thanks guys Sharon

Reply to
Sharon