Daewoo Matiz Oil Filter - HOW??!!

A cow-orker has asked me to ask the esteemed denizens of this group if any of youse know how to remove/replace this item (3 cylinder sub 1 Litre engine).

He can see the beast, but he can't work out how to get at it.

Any ideas?

Please reply to the group, as I don't often read this email address.

Thanks

Reply to
Zikki Malambo

No replies!

And you came so highly recommended!

Could some kind technical soul please crosspost my original post to rec.autos.tech pls.

Thanks

Regards

Zikki

Reply to
Zikki Malambo

The impossible we can do straight away, miracles take slightly longer. :-) Could be that no-one's got one or ever tried it.

Is this engine bits in the way? It might be that some bits need to be unbolted to get at it from above. Failing that, is it just that it should be accessed from below (as with a lot of cars.)

You sure that'd help? T'Americans wouldn't put something sub-1 litre in their lawnmowers!

Reply to
Scott M

Seems quite common nowadays. I have a Rover 416, on which you can't even see the oil filter from above, never mind actually get to it. You have to raise the front, then undo it from below. Even then, it's a bit inaccessible with tools, so unless it's undoable by hand (which it should be, unless Mr. Kwik-Fit has had a go at it), you're in a spot of bother...

I think they'd probably consider something as small as a Matiz to be a lawn mower!

And do they have Smart cars in the US? Even by UK standards, that's one small car! Bah - when I was a lad, cars that looked like that were painted pale blue and called 'invalid carriages'...

Brian.

Reply to
Brian Ruth

I watched this, expecting some replies, just because it seemed such a mundane question. I haven't looked at one, but can do towards the end of this week.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I don't know all the details, but my cow-orker is a science technician by trade, and before that he was a service engineer. He has also put in a lot of hours repairing and servicing a lot of cars including rebuilding a midget. If he can't work it out, I can only presume it's tricky!

If you find anything Mr Cheerful, i'd be glad to know.

Reply to
Zikki Malambo

Answering my own question.........

My cow-orker has managed to buy a cd on ebay with most of an owners/service manual on. He has subsequently found the same info on a .cz (sorry, can't spell check!) website. It gives details on most serviceing operations, and it's a question of removing the air filter and something else to allow access.

Reply to
Zikki Malambo

I asked someone today that has serviced these, he said that the filter is accessed from underneath and you need a cup type filter holder to unwind and wind it back on.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful