Dead Mundao?

Hi all.

Ok I have no power what so ever in my 97 1.8 Mundao. A new battery was fitted 3 days ago so that should be ok . We originaly thought (read girlfrend) that the key batterys were flat so these were replaced ( now it needs reprogramming) now nothing works not even the hazards, would the immobiliser affect the hazards?

Thanks all.

Reply to
Rory

The message from "Rory" contains these words:

No, not on mine.

Reply to
Guy King

Was the battery fitted in an attempt to rectify this problem? If not then it probably hasn't been fitted properly. Check the battery connections - at both ends of the cables.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Check charge of battery, if ok, replace 100A Maxi blade fuse (or check connections to it) in engine fuse box.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

No. Check the fuses in the fusebox located in the Engine Bay as that contains the primary fuses.

It could also be the case that a fault on a circuit is causing a current drain. As car headlights can flatten a battery in several hours, it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for something as simple as the interior lights left on to flatten the battery over a few days.

You need to get the battery charged, connect up one terminal and then place an ammeter between the other terminal on the battery and the battery lead to measure the current draw.

Reply to
Conor