Discovery ABS monitor indicator

I've developed a problem with the ABS indicator lamp not going out on my Discovery. When cold it sometimes stays on rather than going out after setting off. Once its warmed up and I stop the engine to go into a shop for instance. then get back in and restart it goes off as it should. At no time do the brakes feel or behave anything but perfect. Is this a common fault such as a semi-choked sensor or any ideas?

Regards

John

Reply to
John

It must be common. I've just had a strut replaced and my light goes on for about half the time. My guess is it's a bad connection somewhere. I would also guess that, while the brakes work as well as a normal car, the ABS feature will not work under hard braking.

Reply to
dp