Do main dealers use synthetic oil?

I'd probably change at no later than 5000 miles in his case. Probably. Maybe. Yes, surely. It is probably easier to change the oil at set dates if the mileage was a bit less. Say that a car did less than 6000 miles per year, then I would probably change juice once a year, before cold weather would be best.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Oil is relatively cheap.............replacement engines are not!

So if your regular driving entails a lot of short journeys, and the vehicle never really gets the chance to get to ideal running temp, then change the oil more often than manufacturer recommends!

Chris

Reply to
Chris

change the

At 6000 miles per year, the little Fiat engine will still be in good fettle with yearly oil changes when the rest of the car is fit for the pulveriser.

Huw

Reply to
Huw