Does anyone recognise this indicator stalk

having a clear out of old nos motor parts I will never use Thanks

Mark

I could easily be wrong, but: Ford Cortina Mk 1

Reply to
GB

I think it is of about that year, i thought it may have been MK1 Transit but just cant remember :(

-
Reply to
Mark

It's over 40 years since I drove a mk 1 Cortina...

Try googling for Escort mk 1 indicator stalk, and it looks v similar. I can well imagine that Ford used the same indicator on lots of different models.

Reply to
GB

Is there any part number showing ?

Reply to
MrCheerful

No marking at all and no horn push on the stalk so must be off something with a horn push in the steering wheel centre

Reply to
Mark

Simple way of finding out is to throw it away. Within a day someone will be around saying "You know that old indicator stalk for a (Insert maker here) could I buy it off you because mine has just failed"

Reply to
Peter Parry

Its Lucas found a part number under the wires 30390A but that dosnt come up on any google search very similar to early Mini but different wiring connector

-
Reply to
Mark

apparently it is early transit according to this I found on the net: " The switch is a Lucas 30390 Switch 119a. They are obsolete now and sometimes turn up as NOS, (New Old Stock). The cheapest place I can see one is PureFord.co.uk for ?79.99. It apparently fits an old Ford Transit"

Reply to
MrCheerful

Just to add: the thread I found was about a Morgan 4/40. So an ad on ebay should bring you some decent money for a good condition switch.

Reply to
MrCheerful

Great Thanks for your help, my memory is not what it used to be and that switch origin was driving me NUTS but it had been hiding in a box for about 40 years

-
Reply to
Mark