Driveshaft Changed

Well, a local garage have stuck the "new" second hand drive shaft on, the one with the etchings on the oil seals (I did ask if they weren't OK to use the original joints and just change the shaft in the middle, so I presume they were just about OK). Im OK with the cost, couldn't be arsed to find better... or someone that was recommended.

But came back from the garage feeling had. They've kept the parts off my car - ie, the good inner and outer CV joints on either end of the broken drive shaft!

That'll be a little extra money they can make then can't it! :-(

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

Why don't you ask for them back, they're your property?

Reply to
Simon Barr

I could try. They'll just say they threw them away now.

Why didn't I think at the time.

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

Was it a recon shaft.... if so it might be an exchange part, my mate got some a pair for his astra! and they was an exchange set up!

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton

And then I read the other thread.....sorry!

Reply to
Tom Burton

No no, my fault for splitting them out and then assuming everyone would follow everything... I didn't mean to make an ass out of u or me!

:-)

So yeah, I bought a second hand drive shaft, that was etched on the oil seals, the garage has changed the whole unit, and I dont know what they've done with the old parts. They said if there is a leak, they dont think there will, but if there is, they'll use more "paint"?

EEEK

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean