Drying the inside of my car

I managed to leave a bag of ice on the floor of my car the other day, and now the carpet is pretty sodden. Any ideas on how to get the thing dry other than half a tonne of silica?

Reply to
Doki

In news: snipped-for-privacy@nnrp-t71-02.news.uk.clara.net, Doki decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

soak the carpet in something highly flammable,

open the windows and sunroof.

Light flammable liquid.

Walk away.

Reply to
Pete M

then electric fan heater on low with windows open enough to let damp air out

Failing that remove trims/seats then carpet and sound deadening and dry out of car

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Air con does this brill, leave car ticking over on driveway,heater and blower on full, air con on and a few hours later it's bone dry, with a big puddle under the car.

Roll a rolled up towel over it, wring towel out after every pass. Then get a bit more out by pressing towel well in by standing on it. Put 'J' cloths down and stack a wad of newspapers on top with a weight on top of that. Change newspapers daily, just make sure the dog didn't use them first.

Peter Hill

Dehumidifer DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

Take forever and a day in my experience even a decent sized one for home use :(

Reply to
Will

will have dripped back into bucket.

rob "Don't mis-interpret my miserable face", "inside I'm laughing" (rob owen 2004)

Reply to
rob

Hi Peter,

I remember the first car I got with air-con. I rushed back to the garage after noticing a big puddle underneath and they were trying their best not to laugh! I can see the funny side of it now, but at the time was really concerned!

Reply to
Ian

Fan heater, ideally combined with a dehumidifier.

Reply to
Nick Dobb

I recall having a tyre changed at Kwik Fit (they were actually the cheapest of all places....) and when my car was up on the ramp, a young monkey came up to me saying, "Sir, Sir ! Your car's got a major leak !". To which I went over the the car, stuck my finger in the pool under the car, tasted it and said, "Hmmmm. Lovely. H2O", to his surprise....

Reply to
Neil Barker

He said "drying" not "frying". (c:

Ho ho ho.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

yeah, but someones got just the stuff he needs about 10 threads up, solve 2 problems in one go :)

Reply to
Gazz