Easiest method fitting Carlton 2L timing belt ?

Hi, My father in law has decided to fit a new timing belt on his 1989 (!) Carlton. He has the Haynes manual but this follows quite an involved procedure. He asked me to see if anyone on this group has any tips/advice on the easiest/simplest way of doing this job ? Thanks Tony

Reply to
Tony Benham

Gary Millar

Isn't it like the old Cavalier engine where rotating the water pump provides the tension, but it tends to seize solid so becomes a major hassle?

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke