EFi or SEFi

Could someone please explain the principal differences between the two injection systems? Which is better, EFi or SEFi and what makes the important difference.

Many thanks for those who take time to reply ! :)

Graham

Reply to
Graham

I believe that on EFI, all the injectors are opened at the same time, once per revolution of the engine I think, whereas SEFI (Sequential EFI) opens each injector individually during the induction stroke of that particular cylinder. Therefore SEFI should be better, because the fuel is always injected into flowing air so it should mix better.

Reply to
James

In news:cbi1dk$qlb$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com, James slebbered:

So my SEFi Zetec engine that doesn't have the big EFi cover over the throttle body / inlet manifold area should be better than those that do?

Ta,

Graham

Reply to
Graham

No, all the Zetec E engines with EEC 4 and 5 management (from 91 to date) run sequential injection. (most of the time*)

  • too many to list, but in a nutshell- non sequential over 5000rpm, and do two injections per crankshaft revolution, coolant temps below ~50 degrees, and below 600rpm, during cranking (again 2 pulses per rev) or when battery voltage drops below 12.3 volts.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Hi Graham

The Mondeo is Dual mode, it runs in batch mode (2 x 1/2 squirts per cylinder per RPM) up to 3000 RPM, and then switches to sequential, (1 squirt per Cylinder per RPM)

Reply to
Steve Sweet

See above- it switches back to batch firing under full load too.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.