Lacquer Peeling

I have a Vauxhall Vectra 1999- metallic finish. I notice that on one section of the car- the rear bumper, the lacquer seems to be peeling in some places. This seems to have happened after I took it through a car wash. Is there a way of re-spraying this lacquer ? Any advice most welcome

Reply to
Oscar Fabricant

Having consulted one of our painters at work he advises that the only real answer is to have the bumper re-sprayed properly as in new basecoat and laquer as it is almost imposible to just touch up the laquer without it showing up as a bodge job, he says that the original basecoat will have been effected by exposure to the elements and alse that it is near imposible to 'feather' the edges of the old laquer without leaving marks in the exposed basecoat as it is much softer than the laquer around it.

Reply to
radar

In article , radar writes

Thanks so much for this advice- pity there is no shortcut to the problem

Reply to
Oscar Fabricant