Mondeo 'stuttering'

Hi,

I have a 1997 Mondeo 1.8TDLX, and have a curious problem with slow speed driving. With the engine revs around the 1500 mark, whether on load or not, the engine stutters, appearing to misfire at random. Open the throttle a bit, or ease it off, and it runs as good as gold. The only slight clue is that it idles at a fairly low speed, around the 600 rpom mark, although that is probably just a cable adjustment problem.

Has anybody any ideas as to what it might be? I have all sorts of thoughts running through my head, such as ECU, throttle position sensor etc. Failing something easy to sort, it'll have to go to the dealer for them to have a look on the computer I guess.

ary

Reply to
Gary Cavie

front of the inj pump there is a return spring to keep the low idle revs correct.... it is broken... easy replacement.

JK

Reply to
JK

I would check the EGR valve for being stuck open first- this would cause the stutter *and* low idle rpm. Temporarily blank the system off- this will tell you.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.