Stainless exhausts

Hi all, I am looking at having a stainless system made and am interested in the difference between 304 and 316 stainless systems ? are there any good points over each other i.e. is one type better than the other and why if possible can someone explain please

Rich

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich

316 is more resistant to corrosion and will retain its shine longer.

If the price isn't too much more, go for the better stuff but fwiw it's not worth worrying about. No one is going to look at the back of your car in the MaccyD car park and exclaim "omg, look at that cheapass with his 304 grade stainless 'zorst" :)

Reply to
LordyUK

And less liable to crack too.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Homer

Excellent link !

Reply to
Nom

That's great thanks for all the input

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Nom wrote

That'll be it then

I'm obviously in the wrong business. I'm going to quit and become an exhaust trim manufacturer/retailer.

Reply to
fishman