Electroplaters in the South East

Hi,

A little off topic I know..

I am about to start a restore of a 25 year old bike with my cousin that has a fair amount of chrome on it that has corroded..

We want to clean up the parts and get them re-chromed..

The problem seems to be finding electro platers to do the job, the couple I have called don't do one off jobs only production runs..

Does anyone here know of some good platers that do really good quality chroming? preferably in the South East so I can easily take the parts in and collect them..

Thanks

Reply to
WipeOut

The message from WipeOut contains these words:

Look in the backs of the Custom Bikes magazines - you should find plenty. IIRC there's one in Borough Green.

Reply to
Guy King

Whereabouts in the south east? Butterworths in Ramsgate are good.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

The closest in a radius around Gatwick would be the best but if I have to send it out by courier I guess that fine too..

Reply to
WipeOut

Have you tried Y & B Plating.

6 Priestly Way Crawley 01293 528974 I know they take on 1offs and non production work, and I'm pretty certain they do hard chroming, but I can't say whether they do ordinary chroming.

Another one that might be worth trying is Albion Plating on the Star Road Ind Estate, Partridge Green.

01403 710163

If no luck, it's always worth asking them if they know of a Co that can help. Most of them know about those in the same business as themselves, and are quite happy to pass on work they can't or don't want to take on. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Thanks Mike, I will give them a call..

Reply to