Enough horses?

Looks awesome, nice car for a mafia movie. I once spotted one in an underground car park in london, the old rounded shape. It was very dusty; maybe the owner had been taken care of...

Reply to
johannes

johannes gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Camden...? Only one? The other one must've been moved somewhen in the last decade, then...

Reply to
Adrian

Everything last forever; if you consider the raw materials it is made of. Even the wear that you're speaking of usually only affects a tiny % of the machinery, although it can have drastic effect.

Reply to
johannes

Yes it was Camden, spot on! A quite small car park that I sometimes used on Saturday shopping trips. The car was a dark red Tatra.

Reply to
johannes

johannes gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Dark red & cream. There used to be a black one next to it. I tried to get in contact with the owner, see if he was interested in selling one - apparently, I wasn't the first, and he wasn't.

Reply to
Adrian

It does go back a while, I can't remember exactly when I saw it, but I certainly noticed it. Somewhere 5-10 years ago perhaps. Ownership must be a headache, but I suppose you could rent out the car for film/TV or special occasions.

Reply to
johannes

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Adrian saying something like:

That clever nylon screw thread design.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Maybe I didn't need to but I drove one for a couple of years without a gearchange problem. I thought the long pudding stirrer change lever went more or less direct onto the selectors via a couple of bellcranks sat in the rear of the diff casing, is that where the splines were?

I know I never had any problems in that area and only had need to touch it when I removed the lever when pulling the box nearly a lifetime ago. I then changed the box for a cooper remote with the long casting mainly to get a better ratio final drive and syncho on

1st. Every one I had any dealings with since has had the rod change box.
Reply to
The Other Mike