eSure

Have they transferred their call centre to India all of a Sudden?

I last spoke to an native English speaker on 14th August 2006 and added "No Claims Discount Protection" prior to my renewal the following day. OK I was told, and new documents would be sent through and I'll pay an extra £5 a month.

Well, they havent taken the extra amount from my account, and no new documents arrived.

Spoke to an Indian lady, a week later and was assured that I have no claims protection, and she would send new documents out.

Got new reprints of old documents that had the date of 21st July on there!

Spoke again today to a guy who confirmed I had No Claims Protection and that he'd send new documents again.

Im not saying they're not helpful, or not pleasant, but so far, my experience has shown incompetence.

Today, I phoned them up to say "I had an accident in July, I had a quadricep tendon rupture, or a knee injury, and havent been driving, but will probably be driving next week or the week after".

Of course, my doctors won't give me permission to drive, they won't - apparently legally I have to sign myself off to drive.

So I explained all this to "Rufus", who noted down that I "have a knee injury".

I tried explaining, No, I don't have a knee injury, I HAD a knee injury. I had surgery to correct it, but Im just in physio at the moment with restricted movement, and thought you should know about medical conditions which may impair my ability to drive "Yes sir, I've noted down that you have a knee injury".

OK then, whatever, thank you good bye.

So, erm, anyone else had this from the doctor? That they can't give you permission to drive? Anyone else now suffering from eSure incompetence? Should I be phoning up and demanding that they change their notes? How do I get through to someone with English as their native tongue? What would anyone else do in this situation too with regards to driving? I mean, I drive an automatic, it's my right leg that's the problem, but I know I can left foot brake, as I've been doing that for a long time normally, but I also have more strength than when I was signed off by the doctor the time before and can easily brake with my right foot too!

Thoughts?

Cheers Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

Never phone an insurance Co, except when you're taking out the insurance. If you phone them, you talk to a foreigner whose grasp of English is mostly theoretical, or a 17 year old who thinks innit is a word. They take your message, then don't know what to do with it. Write to them, they can't ignore a letter, it has to be logged in.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

I take it the mailing address for eSure is that tiny iddy biddy header at the top of the paper?

Cheers Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

I thought it was the DVLA to whom you should write about medical conditions not your insurance company. If you have a licence, you have a licence to drive. If you have a medical condition that might affect your driving you're under an obligation to inform the licencing authorities and they may or may not temporaily suspend your licence and I beleive then that you need a doctors approval to get it re-imbursed. Usually though people don't bother with hopefully temporary things like knee injuries etc and use their common sense. If you think you can still drive properly then don't bother telling anybody.

Reply to
adder1969

I'd have no intention of driving if I wasn't up to it, and a good job I never told the DVLA then because I'd never get my doctors permission!

The biggest bastards for me though are insurance companies, and I'd rather tell them all the relevent information to save having them decline any claims six months down the line!

Cya Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

Simon Dean ( snipped-for-privacy@simtext.plus.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

If you don't currently HAVE a knee injury, then why are you receiving physio, and why is your ability to drive impaired?

I'd suggest you RECEIVED a knee injury in July, you still HAVE the injury, and it will remain until you get full mobility and strength back in the knee - and not until that time would you be able to say you HAD a knee injury.

Reply to
Adrian

Except now, when you do have a claim in a couple of months, they'll have on their computers "Driver has a knee injury" (not 'had' as you tried to tell them). Then they'll try and say you had the injury at the time of the accident ("you never told us it healed...").

Just the cynic in me. ;)

David Hearn

The injury is a ruptured tendon.

The surgery connects the tendon together.

The physio involves getting your range of movement and strength back.

Might never get full mobility.

But I understand what yer saying.

Chers Simon

Reply to
Simon Dean

Simon Dean ( snipped-for-privacy@simtext.plus.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

And is the knee suddenly instantly miraculously better? No. It's still injured.

Exactly.

Exactly.

So your knee may well always be injured.

Reply to
Adrian

..but it's up to the dvla to decide if you're fit to drive (i.e. if you're fit to have a licence), not your insurance company.

Reply to
adder1969