Carlton heater blower working with no FUSE !!!! ????

Dear all,

Heater Blower not working on my J plate Carlton Diplomat. Strange thing is, fusebox and manual says Fuse 12 is the blower fuse (2nd row,

2nd fuse in) but there is no fuse in there and no wires in there to indicate that one should be ? Been working fine for the several years had the car !!!

Where is the Fuse for the heater blower as its not in the fusebox in the car !! There is a relay I can locate (behind driver fusepanel - have to pull down whole fuse array to get to it - appears to lots of other relays on ends of various looms !!) which activates when blower switched to full - I assume this applys the full 12V to the motor when on full.

Any help to get the fan blower working would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andy.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

Which manual? The later Carltons had some revisions which mean the fuses may be in a different place to what in a Haynes manual. The systems for the fuses are often in pictures on the fuse panel but if all else fails look for the fuse that has blown!

If the fan works on full, then it's probably the control unit that has failed not the fuse.

Reply to
adder1969

The Owners manual in the glovebox and the pictures on the fuse panel is what I am working from (I know from butter experience that the haynes manual does not cover the latter revisions on the Carlton, especially Diplomat model).

Fuse 12 is clearly identified and described as Heater blower but there is no fuse or connection in that location for one !!! Odd.

Fan does not work at all, full or mid positions.

Any help appreciated.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

(I know from butter experience ......

Hum, must be a joke there somewhere :-)

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

Put one in?

Reply to
adder1969

You ever had a dance in Paris?

Reply to
ThePunisher

Put one in?

# As mentioned (but perhaps not explained as clearly as thought) there is NOTHING in Fuse location 12 !! No gold contacts which a spade fuse clicks into and NO wiring going to the fuse location.

I would love to put one in as you say!, but the problem is where the heck to put it!

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

What about put the fan on its lowest speed setting and then putting a 20 amp fuse into each empty place in the fusebox to see it it starts up? Just try one at a time and you should eventually find it. Failing that just unplug, test outside of the car for continuity (hold both contacts and see if they can be moved by hand or use a multimeter) and then replug each fuse, it could be a fractured fuse rather than a blown fuse.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Dugan