ETL Filters

I recently ordered a set of filters off eBay, oil, air, and fuel, and when they arrived they were ETL branded, (in a yellow box with blue writing). On the box it says "Manufactured for Comline - UK". As ETL was not a brand I had heard of, I searched the internet for any comments on the filters, good or bad, but I could not find any, and I was wondering about the quality of them, although the filters look well made. The oil filter even has a plastic seal over the rubber gasket to protect it, which when compared to a Halfords filter, seems a much better prepared product, so can anyone that has used ETL filters say if they are a reliable replacement for other brands?

Reply to
Harry Stottle

First result on google for "comline":

Doki

I know this content is nearly 1 year old now but I thought I'd reply anyway

-

credentials - Manager of a parts store in newcastle upon tyne (RS Autoparts)

Have dealt with a 3rd party company in the past to get comline produce, Also done some research myself to find why they where so cheap yet the quality seemed ok.

EVERYTHING THAT IS CHEAP IS CHEAP FOR A REASON!

firstly, we have fit them in loads of cars down our garage and never had any problem with them.

We get filters from top brands such as fram, mahle and many other O.E. manufacturers and cannot see any differences in quality or materials used.

the key is place of manufacture, last I checked these filters where made in Africa (from a very low paid workforce) and shipped over to a midlands based main branch, these are then passed onto motor factors in the UK for a bottom line price in bulk and then passed out to you the customer. Cheaper because shipping is a lot less from africa to the UK than china etc.

Ethnically they arent very good as of the low wage the manufacturing staff are paid, but in terms of quality they are on par with most recognised O.E. suppliers. On that note most of the main suppliers usually have their items made in asia / japan under the same low paid workforce so its tit for tat really.

Overall, quality is good, very cheap price due to manufacturing workforce wage and location and amount of filters sold in bulk to UK wholesalers.

Doubts in comlines produce? Use a recognised O.E. supplier brand such as Fram, Bosch, Mahle + the likes, these are normally hired by manufacturers such as BMW to make the filters that come standard with the car.

url:

rob