Fiat 126 BIS Exhaust Advice?

Hi.

I'm about to replace the clutch plate on a 126 BIS and have done a quick reconnaissance beneath the vehicle. The exhaust is definitely at fault, but I'm wondering if anyone can tell me where the plumbing leads to?

The exhaust is in a single unit consisting of a silencer with its tailpipe and two further pipes which presumably go up to the exhaust of the two engine cylinders.

What puzzles me is that half way along the front pipe is a pair of stub pipes, one on each side. Nearby is a corresponding pair of flexible hoses which are clearly supposed to connect but are floating loose.

This will clearly increase the exhaust noise, but I cannot imagine what purpose these hoses serve.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Rob

Reply to
Rob Dixon

Heat exchangers for the cabin.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Not on a BIS there not, the cabin is heated in the standard way, water going to a heater matrix.

I would say I don't know, but I do know that I need a new on on mine so I'll have a look later and see.

You may find that the exhaust is the same on this and the aircooled 126, I doubt it, being a different engine and all but there ya go.

Oh while here, you haven't had to do the head gasket on it have you, I thinkmines gone and with it being sideways it looks like a right pain in the ar#e.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Anderson