MK3 Golf in need of new Bushes

Hiya guys

Just had my MK3 1.8 Golf serviced, and the guys at the garage have informed me that the Rear axel bushes and front wishbone bushes have perished. I understand that the rear ones are going to be harder to replace than the front due to the "braking compensator", but how easy would it be to replace the front ones (For a novice).

Any tips/pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers all

Antony

Reply to
antony stevens

Simply buy the new wishbone with bushes pre-installed. Will also need to have the tracking adjusted afterwards. Then it's under the car to undo the fixing bolts. I seem to remember one bolt is a little difficult to get to due to clearance. But the job is quite straight forward. Easier if you have access to a pit or lift ramp.

Reply to
biscuit

Your home is at risk if you do not keep up repayments on a mortgage or loan secured thereon.

Don't eat yellow snow

Loud ringtones may damage your hearing

Charlie says always tell your mummy before you go off somewhere.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp