Exhaust for Daihatsu Hijet

I have a problem with the mid to rear section of the exhaust on my

1997 1.0 hijet van. The end of the rear silencer box has fractured at the junction with the tailpipe, and the junction between it and the cat section is badly rusted. I might be able to separate them and if I can, will just replace the rear box and pipes. If the cat has to be replaced also that is going to work out expensive. Anyone know of a cheap source of exhaust systems/cats, or know of a good condition used one going?

Last work I did was to replace the rear brake shoes and the cheapest I could find was about =A396 a pair. Great van but parts bloody expensive!

Reply to
seabreeze
1997 1.0 hijet van. The end of the rear silencer box has fractured at the junction with the tailpipe, and the junction between it and the cat section is badly rusted. I might be able to separate them and if I can, will just replace the rear box and pipes. If the cat has to be replaced also that is going to work out expensive. Anyone know of a cheap source of exhaust systems/cats, or know of a good condition used one going?

The replacement exhausts are so expensive (£280 IIRC), I had a custom stainless steel exhaust made and fitted for £300 to my 1300 HiJet.

HTH tox

Reply to
Your Worst Nightmare

So far cheapest I have come up with (inc cat and front pipe as cat was rusting also) is: Online Automotive (rear box+front pipe) =A3108 inc vat and del, and Cats Direct for cat =A385.71 inc, total about =A3200.

Reply to
seabreeze