Fiat Marea climate control ??

Not seen this one in particular, but these are well know to be problematic. It can only be diagnosed easily by a main dealer too, as these systems are accessed by the Examiner tester.

Reply to
Andy Hewitt

It sounds like a problem with the blending door position sensor on the stepper motor- the CC doesnt know where the door is apart from at one extreme or other (i.e. full hot or full cold), but could be anything, even a mechanical fault with the blending door- best checked with an Examiner as you say.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Apologies for the repeat query, just hoping someone can assist.

How does the temperature control work. I have two dials, one graduated in what appears to be degrees C and the other which seems to control the fan. The "auto" position seems to control the fans operation in accordance with the car interiors temperature.

The fan seems to operate O/K and responds to the temperature setting, but regardless of the tempeature in the car all it does is blow cold, unless the temperature controller is set to "max", in which case the Sahara is but a weak imitation of my Fiats interior.

Has anyone any experience of this problem please?

HN

Reply to
H. Neary.