Fiat Sciecento

Anyone know of any common failiers in the engine cooling of Fiat Sciecento's

If im cueing in trafic for about 10-20 mins, the engine overheat light comes on and about 30 seconds later the coolent will boil off.

The garage checked the head gasket pressures but couldnt find anything wrong with it. Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

Reply to
Skull Cowboy

How many miles has it done?

There's 2 things that usually happen:

  1. Bottom of the radiator rusts and blocks the pipes
  2. Water pump failure.

Both parts are replaceable for under £100 for the bits and a couple of hours to fit. I did it myself in an afternoon.

Reply to
SteveH

Does the engine cooling fan operate?

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Skull Cowboy ( snipped-for-privacy@Cowboy.Ranch) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

They're very prone to pinking, which is usually found to be caused by the loose marbles in the owner's mother's head rolling against each other.

Reply to
Adrian

anything

Hi, I have a Seicento too, an 899cc SX. The cooling fan will usually come on after a few mins stuck in traffic. Does it? My fan quite often comes on in traffic, but then goes off after about a minute or two.

Reply to
petermcmillan_uk