Fiesta '08 Ghia (1.6) headlamp bulb replacement

It was too much to expect the bulb in the offside headlamp not to go at some point after the nearside one went about ten months ago. Bearing in mind how inclement the weather is I have had nothing more than a quick look at how it's replaced after getting home this evening.

Not being double-jointed or below the age of ten, and noticing that the assembly seems to need the front grille and possibly bumper hoiking off, am I missing something or is it that difficult? Any special tools needed or just patience? I even have a spare bulb ready, in the car.

Someone appears to have put power steering and coolant header tanks in the way.

Cheers,

Reply to
Mr Guest

just undo the coolant tank (I usually remove the little pipe first, just in case it wants to crack) then move the tank away and change the bulb, simples. reassemble as is obvious.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Mrcheerful wrote (apparently) in uk.rec.cars.maintenance on Mon 28 Jan

2013 21:18:50:

Saw a little pipe there, will have a proper look at work tomorrow in the daylight and dry or under an umbrella. Thanks a lot for that. Will also be able to find any tools I need, with luck.

Reply to
Mr Guest