fiesta over revving.

I have a fiesta 1.25 zetec that is running fast at idle and whilst manouvreing, approx 3000 revs, I've changed the speed control sensor, but it's still happenning, any ideas anyone?

Reply to
JG

Check the connections to, and the output from the speed sensor on the gearbox- if the speedo is at all wonky this is definately the cause.

Otherwise look for induction leaks etc. Does the idle settle down to normal at all ever, or is it permanantly stuck high??

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

The revs are high during gear change but go back to normal when the clutch is released, so far I have not looked at the speedo but will in future. Thanks.

Reply to
JG

Hi JG

Revs high during gear change?? do you have a switch on your clutch pedal??

Reply to
Steve Sweet

Ahhh idle flare- check the clutch pedal switch.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Had to call in the experts in the end, to the tune of £135, and still don't know what was wrong. Thanks anyway. JG.

Reply to
JG