Fiesta PAS pipe nut

I need to replace the PTFE seal on my Fiesta PAS pump nut. I don't see the seals for sale on their own (and it looks like they're trucky to get on and off without damaging them), only fitted to a new nut. But how do you get the old nut off the pipe? It can't be removed by pushing it back along the pipe, and the business end has a conical tip that looks like it might have been flared after pushing it through the nut; although it does not seem to have increased its diameter, so I could be wrong about that.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

hi

are you referring to the nut which screws into the pas pump ?

if so do you mean one of these ?

and also if you do then they are a one time only deal. there is a one way clip which is impossible to get too, and once there on the hose they are a nightmare to get off, you'll need to cut it off the pipe which infact can damage the pipe., as when I've seen it on for example a fiesta st. the pipe is obsolete. so it's even worse if the pipe can't be renewed. , it also clicks on it from the front not if that makes sense , whenever I do the pas pipes on Ford's I route the hose first the screw in the connector into the pas pump , so it's nice and tight , and the last thing I have to do is click it in and fill up the res of course.

Reply to
amg3243

Yes, that's the one. I've assumed that I can't get it off, and have left the old one where it is. I was wondering if there's some trick I haven't thought of yet. And why I can't seem to buy the seal on its own. :-) I've an idea I might be able to do it by shortening one of the nozzles from a filler gun refill, and using that as a pilot, but I haven't compared the sizes yet.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Possibly

Not much cheaper than buying the whole thing.

Or taking the part number from the second Ebay listing Google

Ford Seal 3518119

Reply to
alan_m

That's great, thanks. I expect my search terms were too specific to find what may be an item that fits several models. I'd considered using PTFE tape (something I've learned to love); but for a fiver, it's probably worth getting the right thing first time.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

it's been a while since iv done the pas pipes on a fiesta so remembering what to do takes a while , now there shouldn't be a seal inside the pump or any extra seals unless it's the white seal on the thread of the connector (sometimes there blue) . I have come across it when someone has put a seal on the pas pipe to hide a leak.? and later for me to fix it , it can throw you Abit thinking the seal is ment to be there but it's not all the sealing is done by the connector. I don't use ptfe tape as the connector should be slightly tapered so it self seals. I have only come across it once where it's a straight thread. sometimes the most simple things can cause issues. when your not exspecting it to be like that. I was trying to remember how I removed the connector from the pipe and I used a hack saw one of them small ones , it took me best part of 2 hours as I didn't want to damage the pipe , which i successfully didn't. but it was better then not being able to get one at all. safe to say the customer was very happy ?

Reply to
amg3243

Okay, thanks. I've ordered the seal, and will do it 'by the book'. It's hard to see how it all seals; but if the nut is tapered, then I guess that explains it.

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre