Fiesta tickover too fast

I fitted a new battery to our 1995 1.1 Fiesta yesterday, since then the engine races a little at tickover then slowly after about 10 seconds, settles to a normal tickover speed. The tickover was ok until I changed the battery, can anyone throw any light on this.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Crawford

Yes, its because during the battery change, the ECU forgot its learnt idle adaption.

After acouple of days you'll notice it will have returned to normal as the ecu re learns.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)