Nightmare

I have a 1999 Vauxhall Vectra 1.8LS petrol. When I start the car in the morning or after several hours of standing the car starts and then quickly switches off and needs to be re-started. Seems as though it will not idle- as if the automatic choke is not working to keep it idling or summit. Once it warms up- no problem about switching off. Would appreciate any ideas/ comments/ remedies

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

It's not the choke because it's fuel injected ;-)

Could be the water temperature sensor not detecting that the engine is cold.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Might be problems with the ECU forgetting it's idle settings?

Reply to
Mark Hewitt

In news: snipped-for-privacy@walkhouse.demon.co.uk, Oscar fabricant decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Yup, that's a nightmare alright.

Reply to
Pete M

In article , Mark Hewitt writes

Thanks, What is the ECU and how is it replaced ?

Reply to
Oscar fabricant

No idea. I just know that one time when my car battery ran flat the ECU 'forgot' it's settings and consequently the car would not idle at all.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt