Focus estate tailgate

Want to deal with the rust starting above the chrome trim on the tailgate of Focus Ghia estate (seems a common problem), but I've taken off interior trim and removed 3 10mm 2 8mm nuts, but the trim still doesn't want to move.

What have I missed please? I don't like to use force until I'm certain!

thanks

Reply to
lol

Hot air gun and an old cake slice- they are also stuck on with double sided tape..

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..

I would recommended using a hairdryer as opposed to a hot air gun as that would take the paint off, thats what they are designed to do. Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

Many thanks to you both - that'll be the club hammer & bolster chisel then! Lol

Reply to
lol

Careful - you won't get any more help here if folk think you are a professional!

BTW, an alternative to Tim's (presumably plastic) cake slice is nylon fishing line.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan