focus tdci 57 reg

just got one of these as a loan car. no manual tho. what cc is it lol the aircon defaults to ON each time you start car. how do you enable the anti-hijack(auto doorlocking)? where is the jack? it not in boot with spare.

It drives well, nice box too.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Neil - Usenet, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

2.0 normally.

It does if you have the air pointing at the windscreen. Besides, it's virtually free to run a/c.

Don't know.

Should be.

They do.

Reply to
Pete M

Usually 2L To turn on the anti-hijacking...

  1. Turn on ignition till dash lights come on but don't start engine!
  2. Lock the door using the lever on the door handle and then unlock 3 times
  3. Turn off ignition
  4. Repeat 2 but with ignition OFF
  5. Turn on ignition - should hear a beep
  6. Lock door again as in 2 BUT ONLY ONCE - final beep should be heard
  7. Done!

Doors should now lock at around 5mph. including reverse!!!

Reply to
Conor

Cheers Mr C, I will go outside and do that.

and for u and pete, i looked on dvla after i posted, and put the reg in. it is a 1.8. Its trim level is refered to as Platinum.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet

Also, on the inside mirror assy, there is a yello led just off centre bottom of the glass. dunno what that is. and when the headlights are on there is another light in the top of the mirror hanger houseing that comes on too. again, f knows what thats for, too dim to be usefull lol.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet

dimdip mirror maybe

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yep...auto dim.

Reply to
Conor

Accompanied by the sound of a chisel on slate Neil - Usenet, managed to produce the following words of wisdom

Ah, must be the Mondeo TDDi that's 2.0 then.

Platinum is a posh spec. That button on the mirror is for the auto-dip. Great when you get used to it. I've got one in the Scorpio, seems very harsh when you first switch it on , but after that I just leave it on "auto". Makes night driving on motorways a lot more restful on the eyes.

Reply to
Pete M

The one I drove back from Southampton recently was a complete shitbag to drive. It was so gutless that every time you pulled away you had to give it a bootfull of revs otherwise it had a tendency to stall. Any overtaking meant completing a gantt chart and sending it out for peer review...

Seats were quite comfy though.

Reply to
Abo

Could be several

1.6 PSA 90bhp (lowly base spec models only though) 1.6 PSA 110bhp (right across the range, very sweet motor) 1.8 Endura DE re-re-re--re hash (120bhp, gruff but grunty) 2.0 PSA 136bhp (even more grunt and spins sweeter than the 1.8- chips to about 160!)

If its the one with the new nose and new interior, they are very much excellant.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..