Ford Escort Gearbox

Hi,

I'm about to attempt a clutch change on a Ford Escort diesel. Can anyone tell me if I can do this without disconnecting the driveshafts from the gearbox end, and if I need to disconnect the linkages from the gearbox ( gearstick ), and am I likely to encounter any other problems ?!

Thanks for your help.

Jamber.

Reply to
Jamber

It is possible to change the clutch with the shafts in the box, but not easy, very difficult/impossible not to disconnect the gear linkage. Just do it by the book and all will be well. it is a two hour job for an expert with good equipment, all day for an amateur at home.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

which mk? any of them tend to be hard, and make sure you have the right clutch too some have a crossmember and others have 3 brackets supporting it both are pains in the arse to do, as me and 3 friends found out one day last year when it took us 10 hours to do

Reply to
dojj