Ford Escort

Can anyone tell me how to fit the clutch peddle adjuster. Is i

necessary to remove the clutch peddle. I have a Ford Escort. Thank Diveru

-- diver up

Reply to
diver up

It's one of those farty fiddly jobs where small hands would be good. I did one on an Orion and found it easier to remove the drivers seat and lie flat on my back with head under the footwell. IIRC, I removed the retaining pin that holds the brake & clutch pedals and slide the bar sideways enough for the clutch pedal to be removed to fit a new pawl & ratchet. On fitting, the plastic bushes on the pedals kept popping out so I found it easier to hold them in place with some superglue.

Reply to
redwood