Ford Fiesta 12.5

Hi i have a ford fiesta 12.5ltr one year old the problem is loss of power and cutting out it seams when you come to a roundabout in 2ND gear it just cuts out and at 35mph in 3rd your foot is to the floor and takes for ever to build up any speed /// Ive had it in the ford garage and they say that they cant find anything on there computer Ive all so had a spark plug blowing out any help would be most appreciated Iffy.

Reply to
iffy41

Possibly blocked fuel filter, or leaky pick up tube on the intank pump sucking air?

What year is the Fester, and what mileage, did this come on suddenly, or slowly, or what?

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Hi the car is one year old and it comes and go's and just turned 10,000

Reply to
iffy41

Wow - that must be one amazing little car. Is that like Ford's equivalent to the Hartge BMWs? :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

If you've had a spark plug blowing out! Was there by any chance oil on the spare plug. If so you have oil probably getting into the cylinder. Piston ring problem perhaps. I have had a similar problem on a fiesta although it was an older one than yours.

It doesn't surprise me that a ford garage missed it. Don't ever visit one again they are hopeless. Try and find a good ideally family run garage. Run by good mechanics who own the place themselves.

Reply to
David Cawkwell

But - but, It'll be covered by Ford's warranty? Yes?

Dave

Reply to
Dave Spam

iffy41 ( snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

12.5 litre in a Fester, and you've got a problem with no power? Bloody 'ell... Gawd help your front tyres if it comes back on song all of a sudden...
Reply to
Adrian

Yes it should be, though FORD do not usually find anything wrong until that has expired :-)

Reply to
Domestos

I should imagine the shell would turn into a Mobius loop under full torque!

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable