Ford Mondeo Clutch Slave Cylinder

What's involved in changing the clutch slave cylinder on a Mondeo (hydraulic)

Cheers

Reply to
Demon

In message , Demon writes

Gearbox off.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

prolly remove the gearbox

Reply to
George Spigot

Basically the same as changing the clutch, so a gearbox out job, with all that that entails - means dropping the subframe etc.

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Pay someone. Its a bastard of a job involving either lifting up the engine or dropping the subframe. Might as well put a new friction plate in the clutch as well to save you going through the whole polava twice. I know people who've scrapped Mondeos because the clutch went and nobody wanted to touch it.

Reply to
Conor

Split the box off. make sure that the [garage doing it/you doing it] know how to realign the subframe otherwise you will get tracking problems after re-assembly. Are the new ones hydraulic then? My Mk 2 was cable.

Reply to
Chris Street

£650 for a dealer to do it as I recall and that was four years ago!
Reply to
Chris Street