Ford transit T reg. running on 3... Rv!

Transit Diesel, 2.5Ltr. Lower poered one, no details here.

Just had a company van die and run on 3 cyl's (feels like) on the M8. Power was great and is now down, no real acceleration under load, fine on the flat.

Tried injector cleaner, no oil issues, no overheat.

Any ideas where to start investigating?

Rv!

Reply to
Rv!

There's a modification to the injector return hose routing, as the front injector air locks with the original set-up. The return hose originally goes from the rear (lowest) injector to the return line at the fuel filter head. The modification is to fit a longer return hose, and connect it to the front (highest) injector where the blanking plug is, and put the blank on the rear injector.

I've never quite understood how re-routing the hose makes any difference, but it does.

Also, check all the diesel pipes for any chaffed sections. Especially around the top of the bell housing/rear of engine, where they clip into the support bracket.

Reply to
M Cuthill

I see this is the Ford TIS as 21/1999 (28.08.1999). I've forwarded that to the person who will look at it in the morning. Hopefully this is it.

Rv!

Reply to
Rv!

Also tell them that they don't need the genuine ford kit, as it's just a length of normal leak off hose, with an astronomical price tag.

Reply to
M Cuthill

Just replaced the pipe as suggested in the TIS and on the group. The van took about 5 miles to start clearing and is running well right now. Hopefully the problem is cleared now.

Thanks to Mr M Cuthill for the suggestions!

Rv!

Reply to
Rv!