Ford Zetec problems

Or check for air leaks with a blowtorch/wd40 tin.,

Reply to
Duncan Wood

I have bought a coil pack from ebay, I'll see how I get on when it arrives in a few days!

Regards,

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

How does this work?

steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

You can google for a better explanation, but if you waft some flammable gas in the vicinity of an air leak, it richens the mixture & the revs rise.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Presumably that only works for leaks when it's sucking and in the intake system?

Reply to
PC Paul

Well it probably works for finding hot exhaust leaks but I'm not going to recommend it,

Reply to
Duncan Wood

The garage finally managed to pinpoint the engine missing or hesitation fault. It was the throttle body housing that needed cleaning, they sprayed some sort of carb cleaner into the housing mouth and the engine is now running perfectly smooth.

Thanks for all the help trying to sort this out for me.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

Could you help me about this problem? ı have a ford escort 1.6 clx. I have the same problem like you. When you push the gas pedal, the engine does not accelerate and exhaust emissions are too high. What can ı do for this problem?

Reply to
mert

Put petrol in the tank instead of gas?

Reply to