Front disc callipers

Got a Sierra with ABS, and I could do with some new piston dust seals for the front,does anyone know if these can be obtained ?

Rich

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich

I got overhaul kits for my SD1 from a local factor. So unless the Sierra uses very special brakes try your local one. You may have to buy complete kits to get the dust seals, but they're not normally that expensive.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Try Ford. Its amazing what stuff is still on the parts list.

Reply to
Conor

Ok, never thought of ford's thought it might be "sorry mate you need a new calliper"

Thanks Rich

Reply to
Rich

IME I've found the parts people at the smaller Ford dealers invaluable. I remember trying to find a thermostat housing for a 2L Capri. THe guy at the local Ford dealership came up with a Sierra one plus a proper blanking plug for the additional unused outlet pipe.

Reply to
Conor

Years ago I bought a cheap Capri at auction for a few quid as a stopgap. Probably well over 10 years since they'd ceased production. It was taxed and MOT'd. Driving away from the auction, the glovebox fell open with a bang. I slammed it closed, but it fell open again. I called in at the Ford dealer opposite the end of the road where the auction was and they had the part I needed for 50p.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

abs or not, they will use the larger 260mm disc and appropriate caliper go and find one for a Granada (they use exactly the same caliper) and job done

if you are talking rear kits though, go and get an exchange caliper, it's only around a fiver more than the bits needed to overhaul the old one and you need some skill and patients plus tools you may not have to do the job right

Reply to
dojj

Yes that's what I did for the rear but the fronts are fine pistons clean and move in and out fine except the dust seals are split so is it possible to get these and seals say from fords or anywhere else ?

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Phone a Ford dealer and ask? Get a copy of Practical Classics and go through the advertisers? Try Halfords? Local motor factors? Accessory shops? Appropriate car club?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'll have a word with my members :)

Reply to
dojj
83 BB 2B107 BA 6128159 £9.69ish local frauds

Reply to
dojj

Thanks for the reply will get on to them

Rich

Reply to
Rich